Proposals must be submitted to:
Stormville Fire Company,
Attn: Bldgs. & Grounds,
PO Box 55, Stormville, NY 12582
And be received by 5:00 pm (eastern) May 1, 2023
Objective of this IFB
The purpose of this IFB is to contract with responsive and responsible vendors interested in performing the tasks and services described within the section of this IFB identified as “Qualifications & Scope of Work.”
General Description of Services This IFB is for interested Bidders to submit a bid for Lawn Maintenance Service for Stormville Fire Company, according to the specifications, terms and conditions as enumerated in “Scope of Work” of this IFB. Note: Prevailing Wage Rates do not apply to this contract.
Point of contact for this contract will be email@example.com
Primary: Mike Squittieri (845) 490-5583 Back-up: Mike Gallo Jr 845-849-6592
All Bidders must submit at least three (3) work references that will verify that the Bidder has at least two (2) years of relevant experience to complete the work as listed in Qualifications and Scope of Work.
STORMVILLE FIRE COMPANY INC., RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT OR REJECT ANY OR ALL PROPOSALS.
The Contractor agrees that without expense to the Stormville Fire Company, insurance will be maintained during the period of the proposal and contract, insurance of the kinds and in the amounts indicated, with insurance companies authorized to do such business in the State of New York, covering all operations under this proposal and contract.
A. The Contractor shall furnish to Stormville Fire Company, Inc. a Certificate or Certificates in a form satisfactory to the Agency, showing compliance with the requirements of this section. The Stormville Fire Company Inc. will be expressly named as additional insured on each policy in accordance with the above. Certificates of insurance should be forwarded to Stormville Fire Company with the signed Agreement. Certificates shall state the policies shall not be changed or canceled until 30 days written notice has been given to Stormville Fire Company. Required insurances are:
- A policy covering the obligations of the successful Bidder in accordance with the Workers’ Compensation Law. The contract shall be void and of no effect unless the successful Bidder procures such policy and maintains it during the period of the contract. The Workers’ Compensation Board website can be found here: www.wcb.ny.gov/
- Policies covering bodily injury, liability and property damage of the types hereinafter specified, each with limits of liability not less than $1,000,000.00 for all damages arising out of bodily injury, including death at any time resulting there from, sustained by one person in any one accident, and not less than $1,000,000.00 for all damages arising out of injury or destruction of property.
- Contractor’s liability insurance issued to and covering the liability of the successful Bidder with respect to all work performed by them under the proposal and the contract.
Qualifications & Scope of Work
The following specifications cover Lawn Care and Maintenance Stormville Fire Company, Inc. The Main Station located at 112 Old Route 52, Stormville; and the Substation located at 26 Mountain Top Road, Stormville.
The Bidder must be able to show possession of the workforce and machinery necessary to the complete the services to be performed. The Contractor shall meet with the Point of Contact or designee prior to each lawn care season
- SCHEDULING OF SERVICES
- The Contractor shall negotiate a timetable/schedule (i.e., when the services are to be performed) with the Point of Contact.
- SERVICES REQUIRED
The Contractor shall mow the property identified in this specification with industry standard lawn mowers used to mow the type of ground and size of area being maintained. All labor, materials (including mulch), and equipment necessary to complete the service are to be supplied by the Contractor.
- SPRING CLEANUP (one service per season).
- Spring cleanup shall be provided. The schedule of service shall indicate the day the service is to be per-formed, as agreed upon by the Point of Contact.
- Cleaning/raking of lawn area to remove leaves and debris. Edging of beds and lawns around sidewalks/ Curbs and/or driveways. The Contractor is responsible for removing leaves, limbs, twigs, and debris from site.
- MOWING AND TRIMMING OF LAWNS.
- The Main Station lawn is divided into two parcels: North side of Old Route 52 and the Parking Lot on the South side of Old Route 52 as illustrated on Exhibit A. It is required that both parcels be mowed/trimmed a minimum of once per week, but no more than once every 7 days, a maximum of 35 times per season. The Contractor will have discretion to mow/trim more than the minimum requirement dependent on weather/need, lawn is to be maintained between 2.5 inches and 4.5 inches but must stay below the maximum seasonal requirement of 35 times per season and only after consulting with Point of Contact.
- The Substation is a single parcel as illustrated on Exhibit B. It is required that this parcel be mowed/trimmed a minimum of once per week, but no more than once every 7 days, a maximum of 35 times per season. The Contractor will have discretion to mow/trim more than the minimum requirement dependent on weather/need, Lawn is to be maintained between 2.4 and 4.5 inches but must stay below the maximum seasonal requirement of 35 times per season and only after consulting with Point of Contact.
- Any conditions found that prevent the Contractor from completing the work identified in this specification shall be discussed with Point of Contact.
- Fall Cleanup (one service shall be provided.
- The schedule of service shall indicate the day the service will be performed, as agreed upon by the Point of Contact, with adjustments permitted due to weather conditions. Cleaning/raking of lawn area to remove leaves and debris. Edging of beds and lawns around sidewalks/ curbs and or driveways.
- The Contractor is responsible for removing leaves, limbs, twigs, and debris from site. Spot thatch and seeding of lawn, as indicated by the Point of Contact.
- Payment Schedule.
Payments shall be made in three equal installments at the below dates.
- At signing of contract.
- August 1st, 2023
- November 1st, 2023